Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mom's 40th Birthday Party



OMW am I so behind on the blogging or what!? So this may be a very long post but I have so much to share. I'll just go day by day to make it less confusing...



FRIDAY: So Friday morning my good friends Lauren and Kenzie came over for our first Bible Study meeting. We are reading the Secret Power Girl books and studying the Book of Philippians. We had a great meeting and made pictures frames as our craft afterwards. Then later my dad and I dropped them off at their houses and picked Gwen and Becky up at the airport. We had my mom meet us at the grill at about nine since both girls flights were delayed (hope you liked that hair gel Gwen :)) and we totally surprised her by having the girls there. We were the last ones in the restaurant chatting until nearing 11:00 and then dropped the girls off at a hotel in Grand Rapids. My dad, Gwen, Becky, and I have had this all planned for over 2 months now and were so excited to see them and surprise my mom!

SATURDAY: We picked the girls up in the morning and brought them back to the house. We layed in the sun, went out on the boats, had a nice lunch (made by me, lol ), gave mom her presents, primped and got ready, and then headed to Yen Ching (a Chinese Restaurant) for the party. Mom had a great time continuing to chat with the girls and all our other friends and family that were there. Lauren and Kenzie were there as well so I had someone to hang with. The food was great, I said a speech which not only made my mom cry but ME TOO, and there was a comedian as well. Even Kimberly from Red Mary Janes was there which was great. After the party my mom, dad, Gwen and Becky headed back to the hotel to chat the night away. Unfortunately we have said our goodbyes as they left this morning but luckily we will see them all in just 3 weeks for the Reunion in Tennessee.

SUNDAY: Today I am busy packing and getting ready for my trip! We leave tomorrow night!! Right before I leave I'll do a post to show you all what I will be doing and where I'll be going, don't worry! I'll try to get around to all the blogs 1 or 2 more times before I leave. Hopefully I won't get too behind while I'm gone! :( Also Happy Father's Day to Dad! We are going to have a nice dinner tonight and have just been chilling at the house all day.

So here's some pictures of the party. The slideshow wouldn't work so I just had to list them like this. And my mom's good friend was in charge of taking pictures of the whole party and all the people so I don't have many of those (just of us) but oh well, I took quite a bunch for y'all! :) And my Oma wanted me to post my speech on the blog so she could print it out and have one of her own so that's right underneath this post if you'd like to read that. I couldn't believe I started to cry while reading it! Ugh, little miss emotional here! Anyway, I didn't forget Smart Card Sunday either Mr. Brian! Here it is...

We're all here for
a purpose. Meditate
on your mission, then
use your gifts and
talents to live your life
on purpose. In doing
so, you'll become an
unending magnet
for miracles.
-Travis Smiley











The Girls, what a great surprise!






Gwen and I...:)





































































13 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like your mom had a fabulous time!!! Have fun overseas!!!! can't wait to hear about all that you are going to do and see!!!!

cougchick said...

You guys ROCKED your Mom's 40th!. Way to go pulling off that giant surprise. Glad you had fun!

redmaryjanes said...

Look at all of those great pictures! It was great to get to meet you, your father and your grandparents. Gwen and Becky were the best too. You did a great job with your mother's party. And the speech you gave about your mother had me in tears. It was beautiful Emmie.

Mr.Brian said...

Looks liks a fun time was had by all.
You enjoy your vacation and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

Nikki said...

I'm so glad the party went well and that it was such a wonderful surprise for your mom.
Great job!!!!
But I am pretty sad that I wasn't there. sniff.
Thankfully we will all be together again soon!

Kenzie said...

O ya! I had it all typed out and everything goshdarnet! omg em im gonna miss you sooo much! call me dude! luv ya
luv, the amazingest, kenzie

Gracie said...

Look like your mom was very lucky. What a great party! The cake looked really yummy-*^*% Was it? ha ha lol

Steffie B. said...

It was a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much. I love you.....you are best daughter EVER! ;)
XOXO,
Mom

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow what a great party for your mom, the pics are great.

Ashley said...

Sounds like fun!! Great job on the speech, too. :)

I can't wait to find out where you are going in Europe ...

Deb said...

Awsome suprise for your mom! You guys know how to rock one on!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you are a super party planner and i just loved seeing you .. i promise next time not to talk so much and let you get in on the conversation ... i am serious about you spending some time with me next summer ... we would have a blast ... can't wait to hear about the europe trip and see ya in a few weeks ... you are one super cool chick !!!

CNA said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I read about how surprised your mom was on ~Never To Many~. Have fun in Europe!!

~Caitie