Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I'm Back

Hey everyone!! Boy am I glad to be back! I made sure to make time for a quick post as I just got back late last night from Europe and have been trying to unpack and pack since we're leaving tomorrow for Tennessee to meet all the families for the Ping Jiang Reunion. The business just never stops! Overall I had a pretty good trip and saw a lot of neat things...hope you enjoy the pics...

Click here to see a slideshow
updated: ok I know you're all dying to see pics....I'm working on the slideshow as it's not working

What we did in Europe




Amsterdam:
Ate at Hard Rock Cafe
Van Gough Museum
Ricks Museum
Corrie Ten Boom House
Saw the Rembrandt statue-Night House
Germany:
Visited DaKow (first made concentration camp)
Visited Castle in Heidelberg/saw huge wine barrel
Drank and danced at beer garden


Austria:
Swaraski Crystal Museum


Italy:
Boat ride to Venice
Shopped for purses in the black market
Visited St. Marks Basilica
Shopped and hung out in St. Marks Square
Rode in a gondola down the canals
Verona Coliseum
Toured Romeo and Juliette's house
Switzerland:
Great Mountains
Rode to the top of Mount Pilateus
Boat ride on Lake Lucern
Shopped for Swiss Knives and chocolate
France:
Shopped at Galleria Lafitte (one of the largest department stored in the world, 7 floors)
Visited the Louvre(largest museum in the world)/saw the Monolisa
Visited Notre Dame Cathedral
Went to the top of the Eiffel Tower
Boat ride down the river
London:
Rode on the London eye (largest ferris wheel in the world)
Toured Windsor Castle
Stopped Buckingham Palace
Saw Big Ben
Ate in a city called Convent Gardens
Went to see a Broadway show (called Wicked)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmie, glad you made it back safely. How wonderful that you had an opprtunity to see all these places!

Mr.Brian said...

Welcome home Emmie.Sounds like it wasw fun.I was unable to get the slide show to work.I will try again later.
Has your mom let you out of her sight yet? She sure did miss you and your dad.
Next time she yell at you to clean up your room remind her how much she missed you when you were gone,the mess wil not be a problem.
Have fun at the reunion.

Joan said...

the slideshow did not work for me either! I am glad you had fun!

Ashley said...

Sounds amazing! Have fun at the reunion. ;)

Holly said...

Hey Emmie! So glad you are back home safe and sound. It sounds like you had a great time in Europe and did/saw a lot. The slideshow would not come up, but I will try it again later. Hope you guys have fun in Tennessee at the Ping Jiang Reunion. Are you sick of traveling yet?!?!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That was a whole lot packed into that trip.
Keep working on the slide show..I would love to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Emmerson. I know you were missed dearly :)

Briana's Mom said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see pictures!

Briana's Mom said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see pictures!

Deb said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time!!

Mommy Spice said...

What more is there to do in life? I guess there's lots of other places to go see, but wow!! So glad you're back!! Can't wait to see the pictures. Have fun at the reunion!

Unknown said...

Glad you made it home safely. Can't wait to see pictures. Your trip sounds fun. I think we went to the same castle in Heidelburg (sp?)... we saw the huge wine barrel, too.

Elise said...

Glad you are back safe and sound...can't wait to see the photos!

Shandra said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip. Enjoy your next one. You are a busy girl.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LaLa said...

Welcome home...can't wait to see the pics. WOW..you were busy. Wish I had been home this past weekend..maybe we could have met up somewhere...

Kim said...

Welcome back Emmie! Ok, next time I go to Europe you must go with me as my tour guide because I spent 4.5 YEARS there and didn't see nearly as much as you did in one week! :) Glad you had a good time!