Sunday, July 22, 2007

Smart Card Sunday/ 5 Reasons me-me

So it was nice to just take a little break from the blogs. I've been hanging outside all day long this past week and have not been on the computer a ton. but i didn't forget about smart card Sunday...

Take
your focus
off of how others
see you. Cease
being obsessed
with the need to impress
your friends and your
foes. Keep your concern
on the vision you see in
the mirror. Don't allow
the approval of others
to obstruct you
view of YOU.
- Travis Smiley

I was also tagged at the beginning of the week by Ashley to participate in this me-me "5 Reasons I Love Jesus" meme. So hear it goes...



1. He is always forgiving. ~ This is incredible! I am just now getting back on track from making some poor decisions that I regret and not being as close to him as I used to; and instead of being angry at me for making some bad choices and being farther than I wanted from him for awhile he welcomes me back with open arms.

2. He leads me in the right direction. ~ As many of you know, 7th grade was a hard year for me. My best friend and I got into a huge fight and we haven't really talked much since, which was one of the hardest things I've gone through. But after loosing her, God lead me towards some of my old friends who I now have reconnected with. Lauren and Kenzie are not only a ton of fun but great christian girls. The 3 of us have actually even started a bible study together this summer which has helped all of us grow a lot.

3. He helps me make the right choices ~ Being in middle school you are faced with hard decisions daily and have to put up with much peer pressure. I've already been faced with situations where God has given me the strength to say "no" to my peers and make the right choice.

4. He works in interesting ways. ~ Last week, I was really tired and not wanting to get up and go to church Sunday morning. I was sporting a frown all morning and didn't speak a word on the way there. But as I sat in church listening to Pastor Todd I felt like the sermon was faced all towards me and was exactly what I needed to hear. It just proves to show that God works in interesting and mysterious ways.

5. He has a reason for everything and will always keep his word of meeting all our needs. ~ You know, sometimes it's difficult for me to understand why God allows bad things happen. For example, why weren't we matched with one of the little girls we requested on the last COP list and why couldn't my mom have any kids right after me but could after Sophia. But we just have to remember that God has a plan for everything. Maybe there is a different little girl out there that is meant to be in our family instead of one of the three we last requested. And if my mom had Daniel earlier would we have chose to adopt Sophia? Then where would she be?
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19

I have to say, thanks Ashley for tagging me. It really caused me to stop and think! I definitly need to do that more often! =)

15 comments:

Steffie B. said...

I'm speechless....tears flowing....love you the most! ;)

Mr.Brian said...

Are you sure your only going into 8th grade?
That was very poweful and well spoken for such a young girl.
You sure have your life in order,keep it that way and keep the strong faith.

Linette said...

Oh Emily-that is the most awesome thing I've read in a long time! I really mean that. You are such a witness to other young girls. I pray that Hannah has Godly people in her life like you when she's older. I continue to be amazed at your maturity and how your love for God and your family shine thru in your blog! :)

Lauren said...

WOW!!! That was great. I totally understand what you were saying. I mean middle school is hard and with peer pressure and everything else it is easy to stray away from Him. I mean I go to a Christian school and even there it is hard. O and also the thing about your BFF happened to me in seventh grade and we didnt talk for almost a year but then I realized I needed her in my life and I went to talk to her face to face and apologized if I had done anything and now we are tighter than tight!!!

Holly said...

What a great post. I so can relate to every one of those reasons.

Ashley said...

Excellent. I made the same comment (about it causing me to stop and think!) to the person who tagged me.

Elise said...

Love your post...you are such a special and mature girl!!! What a great big sis you are to those little cuties in your house and for years to come!

Kim said...

your post brought tears to my eyes Em. You are such a good person and it is a blessing and an inspiration to get to know you.

I admire your honesty and strength.

Nikki said...

Emmie, I absolutely loved this post. It was so wonderful to hear your heart. Number 4 is one of my personal favorites for why God rocks my world and your number 5 got me choked up.
You are a sweet soul!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

again i say, you are wise beyond your years ... i love to see how God is working in your life ... I am already praying for a great school year for ya ... love ya !!!

Verna said...

Great post!! Spoke to my heart. Often times, life is a matter of perspective. It's good to be reminded of where our focus should be. I struggle with the COP list too but God is sovereign and I have to trust him. Hugs.

Deb said...

Emmie........Your amazing! Period.

Norma said...

That is wonderful! You are an awesome big sister and will be to the little one who is waiting for you in China. Thanks for the comments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Emmie, you are a special girl. I love this post.

Dannye said...

Tag, you're it, check out my blog to find out why....