Saturday, March 17, 2007

Keepin Busy

Well I sure have had a pretty busy weekend so far. Friday after school my friend Lauren and I went home with one of my other friends Kenzie to her house to spend the night. We had a great time painting nails, playing games, and eating yummy snacks. Since Lauren and Kenzie are both really into gymnastics we all 3 went to open gym at a place they used to take lessons at Saturday morning. It was fun to watch them do front/back handsprings, back tucks, a, flips, and whatever else they call those things... while I, on the other hand, can't even do a cartwheel! I know, pretty sad! :( I did indeed, find things to keep me busy though. Since it was a nice sunny day (40 degrees is nice to us right now) later after we dropped Lauren off at her house Kenzie and I played soccer and hung outside a bit and came up with creative things to keep us busy. It was fun! At about three in the afternoon my mom and dad came to get me so we could go pick up the new car. Not just any new car, I'm talking about a 7' conversion van with a plasma TV, built in i-pod chargers, sunroofs, surround sound, all around cabinets, etc. I know my mom will be posting pictures and more info soon and I don't want to ruin her fun so you'll just have to check out her blog as well. A little after we got home from the car dealership my dad and I went to the church for a St. Patty's Father Daughter Banquet. It was great to spend some time with just the two of us. They had yummy food, great singers, a cute skit, and fun magician. Oh, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all my blogger friends!! How could I almost forget!?? Just to let everyone know: I'm not any part Irish but I just like this blinkie! :P

Tomorrow my mom and I will head of to the mall and run some errands to get some new stuff for the upcoming trip. Shopping-my favorite thing! :)
Hope everyone continues to have a great weekend and had a great holiday!

17 comments:

aimeeg said...

Sounds like a great weekend so far!

Liz and Ava said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!

Pam said...

You sound like you were very busy but also had fun. I like the blinkie.

Polar Bear said...

Happy St. Patricks's Day! Have fun shopping tomorrow.

Mr.Brian said...

Hope St.Patrick's day was fun for you.
Hmmmmmm here is that talk of shopping again.Sounds to me like your mom enjoys it just as much as you do. :>.

Nikki said...

I love reading about your weekends, cuz it takes me back!
It is so great to be young!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend...and your new fabulous van!

Deb said...

Happy St.Shopping Day er sorry St.Paddy's day. lol

Mr.Brian said...

Ummmmm Emmie I think it is Sunday and I do not see anything.Are you to busy shopping?TSSK TSSSK TSSSSK
You know how I look forward to the Smart Card Sunday.
Just kidding I know you are very busy, but I do like the Smart Card Sunday.It often hits me right between the eyes as it is something I often need to hear.
Thhanks so much for shareing them.

redmaryjanes said...

Happy St. Patty's to you too! It sounds like you had a great day with your friends.

Colleen said...

Oh I SOOO love to shop. Hope it went well at the mall. Can't wait to see pics of the new wheels....when do you start to drive? LOL...

Steffie B. said...

Actually it is a 7'9 van.....lol

Anonymous said...

o really mom...opps
I better change that!! :P

Anonymous said...

hey so i havent commented you in a while... i dont think it worked bcuz i just left a comment o well so yeah i had track today... we had to run 2 miles so it wasnt that bad yet lol
ok cya later
cricket
haha lol

Anonymous said...

OMY so ne thing new happen at band... someone told me... you are weird lol

ok cya
cricket

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am sure you already have your cool sunglasses for the new van!!! sounds like some fun you are having....

Anonymous said...

MONO!!!!!!!!! i would'nt of ever expected that about you!!! but geezz i thinigs happen i guess! I won't tell any of your blogger friends what you did. but i will say it's low! oh ya bye bye MONO!


Cody Clouse

dawn said...

How was the shopping????

You are so busy all of the time You need this trip and some time away.