Monday, March 26, 2007

We Made It

I know most all of you who post on my blog follow my mom's as well and probably saw that we left for Maui Saturday and we did, indeed, make it here safely. The plane ride was tough though. First we flew from Grand Rapids to Chicago, then from Chicago to L.A. and then from L.A to Maui. Altogether we were on the airplane for about 10 hours with many unexpected delays in between. Overall the kids didn't do bad. Daniel had a very hard time on the flight from Chicago to L.A. but we made it through. We decided not to bring Sophia's car seat on the last flight so she could have a little more room which was a big mistake because she was up all over the place and couldn't get to sleep well at all. Lucky me, I was in charge of her on all of the flights while my mom and dad took care of Daniel. We made do though and learned to always bring the car seats on the plane from now on.
When we finally made it to Maui we were all of course exhausted from the jet leg and were way off from the 6 hour time change. Everyone back home is 6 hours in front of us so it is still hard to adjust. The hotel we stay at is amazing though. I share a room with Sophia and mom and dad are with Daniel and we have a living room and kitchen in between and 3 bathrooms throughout. The pool is huge and has waterfalls, caves, basketball hoops, and water slides. The beach is right across the way as well so we can go there whenever we want. Yesterday and today we are just planning on chillin by the pool and walking along the beach. Both of the kids also very much enjoy going on walks as well. There is an outdoor mall less than a mile walk away so I am planning on going there. Since my Oma is flying out next week to help take care of the kids that's when my dad and I are planning on going on some of our excursions- whale watch, road to Hana, trip to see volcano, luau, helicopter ride, etc. He even thinks he's taking me on a fishing trip this year out on the ocean. He thinks it will be a great experience, we'll see :S
Well, I'll be sure to try to keep you all updated. I haven't taken many pictures so far but I will try to post some soon. Sorry Mr. Brian that I didn't post for Smart Card Sunday but I was flying over the Pacific Ocean at the time. :P Everyone else is waiting for me down at the pool so I better go! Hugs and kisses to you all...

***Cassie, Lauren, Shelby, Cody, Bryce (I already know Kenzie's) : I need all of your addresses so if one of you sees this will you email me at
emgroovygirl@aol.com or lilbeck6@hotmail.com and let me know yours and anyone elses you know and tell them I need theirs. I want to send you a fun postcard (sorry to spoil it but if you didn't know you may not tell me) and have to send it quick because it takes a long time to ship... Get back with me ASAP please!! ;)

15 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Sounds like a wonderful place! Enjoy your trip.

I bet your mom and dad were happy to have you help with the kids. You're a great big sister.

Mr.Brian said...

Sounds like a great time.Enjoy every minute there.And I gues I will let smart card Sunday go,but you will have some major catching up to do when you get home.
Relax and enjoy no school work.

Anonymous said...

yeah i emailed you my address

*shelby

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a LOT of fun! It is so neat that you can help your folks out so much with the kids! I really admire the terrific attitude you have about taking care of your little sister!

~Monica

Liz and Ava said...

Glad to hear you all arrived in one piece and are having a great time. I'm sure your folks were so glad you were able to help out so much with the little ones. Sounds like quite an adventurous week you have planned with your dad. Enjoy!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Have a fantastic time Emmie!! I want to see some pictures of you with a dark tan!

Nikki said...

Have a wonderful time, girl!
Can't wait to hear about all your adventures with dad next week.

Mommy Spice said...

Enjoy your wondeful trip. Way to go on taking care of your sister. I'm sure you are a huge help. I went to Maui when I was 15. I'm due back for another trip there someday soon I hope.

LaLa said...

Hope you are having a blast!!! Hey, if you are all practiced up on watching the little ones..maybe you can go to Vietnam with us and help with Annslee ; )

Anonymous said...

Lala... sounds good to me!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

emmie, so glad you are having fun. i am so sure you know what a big help you are to your mom ... have a great trip and have tons of fun ... don't get that lily white skin to red !!! lol

Anonymous said...

hey glad to hear u got there safe and are havin a great time i wish i was there too lol
we decided to go to chicago for break
i got some color today atleast looks like this was the only day for a chance of some sun :( darn i luv the sun
well ttyl luvs/cass

kitchu said...

Hey Emmie! Hope you are having a blast... thanks for stopping by my blog... no exciting vacations for me yet, maybe next summer I hope!

Anonymous said...

em dont post this but u took raegens blog name off darn u lol it was funny those comments we left i will have to find it some other way lol wish me luck over here in the cold weather lol it isnt to fun
darn
luvs~cass

Ann said...

Hey I linked to your blog from other adoption blogs, when I saw this post. I recognize that place. Hubby and I got married there almost 6 years ago!!! HOpe you had a wonderful time. Wasn't the hotel amazing!!