Saturday, May 19, 2007

What a Great Weekend!

I have had such a great weekend so far. On Friday, James (my older brother) picked me and 4 of my friends (Anna, Kimi, Lauren, and Kenzie) up from school and took us to get ice-cream. Then we went back to the house and hung out. We went out on the paddle boat for awhile and then came back and got ready for the dance. Can you imagine 5 girls trying to get ready for a school dance with only a little more than an hour? I thought for sure we were going to blow a fuse with 4 straighteners, 1 crimper, and a set of hot rollers plugged into all the outlets. It was crazy with 5 girls doing their hair, doing their makeup, trying to make and eat dinner, packing all their bags together, and all loading into the car but we managed to make it to the school on time. My brother let me wear this gangster/prep hat that was in his car that I totally loved and thought was pretty sweet..lol! One of the teachers at the dance was taking pictures and sure got a lot of business from us as we got many pictures taken of just us 5 and pictures of huge groups of our friends. It was so cool. Unfortunately MY camera was out of batteries but fortunetly we got many taken there and we wont get most of the pictures until Monday so I will try to scan them then.


At the dance we all just hung out, socialized, delt with drama, and of course danced, just a little though as that is not one of my best qualities. After the dance, Kenzie's dad picked us up and we went to her house. We ended up sleeping outside in a tent with lots of blankets and 2 air mattresses. It was actually so fun. We all stayed warm, were comfy, and got a good nights sleep. We met my dad this morning to go to my soccer game which ended in a tie 3-3 but we should have won. ;)
I'm just chilling at the house right now. We are hopefully going to work more on getting our pool heater started as we just got the new liner put in the other day. Well, hope everyone has a great weekend!

10 comments:

Tamara said...

I can't wait to see pics! specially the cool hat. What a busy fun week end you're having.

Ashley said...

How fun!! :)

Holly said...

Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

hey how about while ur sitting home check your voice mail on ur cell phone, u need to call me back Asap

Cody Clouse

kitchu said...

Oh Emmie- what FUN... you just brought back some of my most fave memories. Can't wait to see the photos! And I'm glad you guys didn't blow a fuse getting ready!

Nikki said...

Oh Emmie, I love reading about your times like this...it so takes me back and I just love it.
Sounds like you had fun with all of your friends and are enjoying your weekend to the fullest!
Can't wait to see some pics.

Mr.Brian said...

Sounds like you had a great time.You always have busy weekends.

Mommy Spice said...

Sounds like a blast. I remember the school dance days. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

I THINK I NEED TO SEE THE OUTFIT FOR THE DANCE ... POST ONE ... so glad you had fun with the friends ...lol

Gracie said...

Hey awesome blog!