Sunday, December 10, 2006

Baking Cookies




As many of you already know, every weekend my Aunt Ingrid comes to baby-sit the kids. Usually, since Daniel require's a lot of attention, I am put in charge of Sophia. So when my parents went out to dinner last night with some friends and Ingrid was putting Daniel to bed, Sophia and I decided to make peanut butter cookies. She was thrilled to be able to help me, the little cookie lover that she is. Every time I wasn't looking or turned my back she would pop in a little piece of cookie dough into her mouth. When I told her she couldn't have any more until we were all done she started eating all the little pieces she had on her hands. lol! She really loves that cookie dough. I let her help me roll the cookie dough into balls and criss-cross them but before she would give it to me to roll in sugar and place on the tray she would snatch a little piece from the ball to eat. ;) After all the cookies were on the tray she looked at me and said "eat it." She was disappointed when I told her they had to go in the oven and cook first. She would keep peeking in the oven and waiting for the timer to go off, as she knew that meant the cookies were done. Of course, when they were and I let her pick the cookie she wanted, she picked the biggest and most sugary one! :) From all the excitement of making cookies I even got her to smile in a couple of pictures.


9 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Sophia loves you so much! You are the best sister she could ever have! I love seeing the two of you together. ;)

Mom

Beckyb said...

What a great Big Sister - that is so fun - something she will remember for a long time!!

Anonymous said...

hey emmie
i like what u did to ur blog lol it looks really cool
cute pictures
shelby

Anonymous said...

is that picture the actual cookies u made lol just wondering
ok bye

Nikki said...

Every family should have an Emmie!
You are such a big help.
When are you coming to stay with US for the weekend?????

Emmie said...

hey anonymous, no those were not the actual cookies that we made. lol! Just clipart from google! ;)

Anonymous said...

o yeah the anonymous is shelby i forgot to put my name on that one oops lol

Pam said...

I want you to know that I had to go bake some peanut butter cookies tonight with Hannah after reading about yours.

Anonymous said...

Emmerson: Did your cookies look like the magazine picture you posted? he he. I know mine always turn out like the picture!