Thursday, April 5, 2007

quick update...well not too quick!

We have all been keeping very busy! My dad and I have gone on many excursions and I have been doing a TON of shopping! I have found soo many cute outfits that fit me perfectly. The brand name of most of it is Billabong which you have probably of course heard of. My mom says I'm set for my spring wardrobe now...I have no clue how I am going to fit all this plus other trinkets in my suitcase. I told my mom we may have to by a good sized duffel to pack it all in and just put it through with all our other luggage. Otherwise my suitcase will be just bursting! lol!

My dad and I went on a helicopter ride the other day and saw some really neat things- the largest waterfall in all of Hawaii, the places the Jurassic Park movies took place, the 2nd wettest place in the world, and much more. We flew through valleys and mountains and over the ocean. When we flew over the oceas we got some really great views of the whales and everything- very cool! I'll have to post pics when I get back.
Then we went fishingyesterday. It was nothing like I expected which TOTALLY sucked. We were out on the water for 4 hours and nobody on the boat caught anything. I thought we would like stop and cast out our lines but it wasn't like that. The polls just attached to the boat while we rode and if a fish bit we would stop. It's kinda hard to explain, if you haven't been ocean fishing before. I just felt like it was a total waste of 4 hours when I only have 1 day left of being here. Earlier that morning people had caught 650 lb fish and bigger and we were screwed and caught nothing!! I was soooo MAD!!


Well....we went snorkeling today!! It was horrid!! First of all, I was scared out of my mind! With sharks and everything..my gosh!! We had seen two hammerhead sharks right up by the fishing docks yesterday eating the fish guts being pushed into the water right by the shore which didn't help decrease my fear of those freaky things.
Anyway...So we got out there and the waves continuously carry you farther and farther out. Before I know it I have no clue where my dad is and I'm so scared and breathing so hard. Then I try to look up to se if I can see him and I realize I am soo far away from the beach and I end up getting a bunch a saltwater in my mouth and goggles. During all this, mind you, I did see some beautiful fish and coral reefs.
Anyway, so I'm trying to swim back to shore and then I notice I'm going the wrong way, I have no clue where my dad is, I'm far out into the ocean..ugh!! So then I start freaking out majorly and just swim as fast as I can! Then, when I look up, I see my mom on the beach waving to me telling me to get out so I'm thinking there's a shark or something so I totally flip. I start screaming help and everything...can't you just picture this. When I finally make it out of the water my mom told me there was no shark...she was telling me to stand up because I could touch. She had been watching me and worrying because she saw how far apart my dad and I wee out there. It was intense man!! loI I am just thanking the Lord I didn't die out there or something!

So after that I just sticked to swimming in the pool! I just layed in the sun and swam most of the day until we found out somebody barfed in the pool. So it was closed for awhile and everything. But, we had to go up to the room at that time to get ready for our luau anyway which I just got back from. It was very cool- Sophia loved it. There was a lot of dancing (hula dancers and guy dancers that were very hot..lol) and fire dancers, and singing... I'll show you pics when I get back! I have seen this same luau many times so it was really nothing new but it is always fun to watch!
**Do you know at every luau they hand- roast a pig for the main course of the meal...Pretty sick huh! I don't eat that part. You can see the burt pig before it's cut up and everything..eww!!

So, I'm coming home tomorrow! I will admit I'm not too excited to leave my favorite place to head to the cold weather! (I really don't enjoy the long flight either- 10 hours!!!) I will miss wearing shorts and tanks, walking along the beach, swimming in the pool, and laying in the sun! I AM excited to see everyone though!


Sorry this is so long but I haven;t posted in a long time so I thought I would give an update. Head over to my mom's blog (listed under "Never Too Many" on my sidebar) if you would like to see some pics and videos of our trip. I'll post some when I get back as I can't hook my camera up to this computer. Well...pray that we have a safe trip home! Hugs to you all back home...

12 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Goodness Emmie, some of your stories are as funny as my nursing home stories.
Glad you had a great time tho,welcome back to the real world.Happy homeworking!!!LOLOLOL

Beckyb said...

You had me laughing AND worried at the same time - however, I knew you survived since you were posting!! Can't wait to see your pics!!

4D said...

Sounds amazing! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Keep smilin!

Nikki said...

Oh my, I had to laugh at your "near death" experience in the ocean! But, it can get scary out there with all those creatures that bite. Hey, we have all seen the movie "Jaws" right!?

Sorry you have to come home to the cold (and yes, it is cold here again)...safe travels sweetie!

Beth Hurford said...

It sounds like you have a lot of fun memories from this trip- and some scary ones! At least you have some stories to tell. I'll pray you have an uneventful flight home :)

Pam said...

I'm glad that you made it safely back to the beach. I do have to say that I was laughing as I read your discription. I would probably have been freaking out as well. I don't think I could do the snorkeling thing.

Verna said...

That was intense just to read! I can feel your fear. Glad you are OK. Someday, I will go to Maui too. Maybe on my 30th wedding anniversary. Better put in that request now. Keith wants to spend $$ on a 4 wheeler! I choose Maui. Glad you will all be home soon. It's about 30 degrees here. So, hope you have your winter coats in a locker or something. ;)

Anonymous said...

so are you back yet?

-shelby

Deb said...

~() ()
~('o') ~*HAPPY EASTER*~
(")_(")
K Your home post some pics!

Dannye said...

I love your stories, they always make me feel like I am there with you, living it...glad you are safe and it all worked out (your mom is too funny too!!), have a safe trip home, looking forward to your pictures...

Unknown said...

I was laughing so hard reading your stories. I can so see that happening to me. I'm glad you survived ;-). Post pictures!! Can't wait to see them!

Soccer Girl said...

Emmie, how did you change your background on your blog???

Glad you're having fun in maui!

~darcy