Saturday, January 13, 2007

Catching up...

Well, there hasn't been much to post about this past week. School has just been keeping me very busy. Report cards come out in about a week so we have been cramming everything in and learning lots of new stuff. But last Sunday, something happened that was pretty hard for me and caused many tears! Because of all the little babies in the house and the additions that will have to be made for the next one we had to get rid of our chocolate lab Boomer! :( We've had him for like 5 years so it was really hard for me to give him up. My parents decided it would be good to give him to my older brother who is in college and loves and wanted him very much. He has been there for almost a week now and is said to be doing very well. My brother, James, has shown me some cute pictures of him and how he is doing and is planning to bring him home if we are dieing to see him on a weekend or if he is going away. James's roommates love him too so I know he has been getting a lot of attention from all of the guys which he didn't get a lot of when he was here. I know James will take good care of him but, like I said, it's just hard to let him go. But, for something good... Yesterday my best friend Gabby came home with me from school and spent the night. Friday night we had a going away dinner to go to at Olive Garden for my older sister Susan who is leaving for Australia Monday. She is going to get her Masters in business. Susan went to Australia to study a broad in college and has stayed in contact with all of her friends and can't wait to go back. She'll be gone for at least a year and we will all miss her but it will be great for her to get away for awhile. After the dinner my dad, Gabby, and I went to the movies and saw "Stomp it." It was a very interesting and different movie but overall we all liked it. When we got home later that night Gabby and I just hung out, made cookies, and played game cube. She went home at 2:30 today. We always have a great time when we're together. Long post, nothing to interesting, but that's what's been going on with me.

7 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Sorry to hear the Boomer is not with you any more. It does sound like you will see him a lot tho.
Dogs are a great companion, I would be lost with my spoiled little baby.Who by the way does rule the house.
Sounds like you had a fun weekend!!!!

Verna said...

Just good to hear from you. Sorry your dog had to move out. Ours doesn't get the attention she once did, either but we have plenty of room in the house and a huge yard. Also, since she is nearly 12, it would be very hard for her to adjust to a new home. Glad you had a good time with your friend and then Dad and sister. Keep posting. Love to hear what you are doing.

aimeeg said...

I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to Boomer. I'm glad you will still get to see him, though. It sounds like he will be well taken care of.

Glad you had a good time with Gabby! Do you have a three day weekend? If so, enjoy your day off!

Emmie said...

Nope, we didn't have a 3 day weekend. Gabby came home with me Friday after school. We don't have school on the 19th though, since we have it on Martin Luther King Jr. day.

Nikki said...

So sorry about Boomer, but it is definitely good that he stayed in the family. He is a good doggie.

Also, sounds like you had a blast with Gabby. I used to live for sleepovers. so much fun!!!!

Steffie B. said...

You know that I love Gabby! She is welcome in our home anytime!

Beckyb said...

Sorry - just reading this today - but hey, I love to catch up on your happenings anytime!! Sorry to hear about Boomer - that is so hard - we know, we just got rid of a cat that we didn't even LOVE like you loved Boomer. But it's still hard - I'm glad you can still see him occasionally. That helps a little!! Have a great week.