Thursday, January 18, 2007

Volleyball

After 3 long, exhausting days of volleyball tryouts we finally figured out how we did today. Since, Monday was a snow day we had tryouts on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (today). Since almost all of us haven't really played before on Tuesday we were just taught the basics and did much practice. Then on Wednesday and today we were evaluated and had to wear those big stickers with numbers on us so they know who is who. (not a good feeling) I thought I was doing pretty good, especially on my bump. I am not doing too bad and my serving but I could so use a little practice. Well, anyway, I'll get to the point! I MADE "A" TEAM! 30 girls tried out and they were only planning on taking 24 (12 on "A" team and 12 on "B" team) but they decided to just keep everyone. But, I was so so so so so proud and happy with myself for making the better team. I worked very hard and did the best I can do! I am really looking forward to learning a lot more about the game of volleyball and different strategies on playing. Starting Monday we'll have a whole week of practices and then right away a game the Monday after that. So that means only 1 week of practice before we start playing! :( Oh well! We'll see how I do! I think I will do a lot better knowing I am not under so much stress and have to do perfect while being evaluated. Well, time to hit the sheets! I'll keep you posted on my weekend. We have tomorrow off of school (teacher in service day) so that means another 3 day weekend! C ya!

10 comments:

Verna said...

That's great!! Congratulations!! You will have tons of fun being part of a team sport. Way to go!!

Steffie B. said...

Your Dad and I are so very, very proud of you. We can't wait to watch the team play! And you know Sophia is going to be so excited seeing you out on the court! You know she'll be screaming "sissy!"

Beckyb said...

CONGRATS!!! Way to go!!!! That will be great exercise and tons of fun!!! Hey- enjoy your day off too - more shopping?!?!?

Emmie said...

Yes Becky: more shopping, but for groceries and supplies for school science project!

aimeeg said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is so awesome:)

BTW, I left you a comment on my comments about your comment (does that make sense?)

Nikki said...

Congratulations Emmie, that is so great!!!!
I also played volleyball on the 'A' team when I was your age and had such a blast!
Keep us posted on how everything goes.
P.S. If your bumping is good, that is really the most important thing right now.
Good luck, sweetie!

Pam said...

Congratulations!!! I loved playing volleyball in high school. Maybe you can get some pointers from Gwen. I think she coaches at the boys school.

Dannye said...

Way to go Emmie!!! That is great, I played volleyball in middle school and high school (I was a setter mostly, too short to "spike" the ball, I'm only 5 ft tall) oh well, it was fun. Enjoy it (you'll treasure it later on in life too).

Sew Much Fun said...

I wish we lived closer so we could come watch you play. I have always loved volleyball. Even though we are too far away, let us know if you have any games up in our area.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

CONGRATS!!! YOU KNOW I COACH VOLLEYBALL AT OUR HIGH SCHOOL.. WE CAN PLAY SOME THIS SUMMER AT THE REUNION. I THINK IT IS THE BEST SPORT AND HAS THE PRETTIEST GIRLS AND THE CUTEST UNIFORMS. YOU ROCK !!! BUMP, SET, SPIKE ...