Monday, January 15, 2007

SNOW DAY

When I woke up today and looked at my alarm clock it said 8:00, which meant it was either a snow day or 2 hour delay. So I went back to sleep knowing my mom would come wake me up if needed. Well, when I woke up the second time and saw it was 9:30 it only meant 1 thing, SNOW DAY!! It was awesome being able to sleep in but since the babysitter doesn't come on Mondays I would be home all day with nothing much to do! :( Since we didn't even get that much snow, only ice, we can't really go outside and play. I was very excited because today was the first day of volleyball tryouts so it stinks that I'll miss out on that and have to wait another day. Also it is going to stink because we have tons of projects going on at school and report cards come out in less than a week, and we don't have school on Friday, which means only a 3 day week to work on and complete everything! I never thought I would be complaining about a snow day but since we only are allowed to have 4 all year long I don't want them to be wasted when there isn't much snow, important stuff going on at school, or not much to do. I guess I'll just plan on playing on my computer and surfing the net all day while my mom is keeping busy tormenting the squirrel right outside our sliding glass door that keeps climbing all over the bird feeders! Oh my! Moms!! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're enjoying the snow day too, on the other side of Gun Lake. It's a good day for CCC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! Have a great day, Emmerson!

Beckyb said...

I'm thinking your mom needs more kids - she needs more to do that torture poor, hungry squirrels all day!!! :) Enjoy your day off!!

Mr.Brian said...

Just think if mom was not tormenting the squirrel she would be tormenting you.I am sure your little sister was doing enough of that.
And by the way my parents had a squirrel they always loved to watch too.( thay even had a name for him ) He has since gone to squirrel heven thanks to a car along there busy street.But they still talk about him. This also explains my strange humor.

Nikki said...

Sorry you didn't have a very exciting snow day!
Back to school tomorrow!
Good luck with volleyball try-outs.

Verna said...

Holy Moly Girl, I just read your mom's post. Too bad there wasn't more snow. You could have kept Sophia busy with a snowman or something. By the way, what's it like to have a bald mom? I bet that would scare the squirrel right out of the feeder. Erin was home today to for MLK day. She had lots of homework too. Not sure what it was but it must have been really pressing because she did not have time to even empty the dishwasher!! ;)

dawn said...

Enjoy your snow day...I wish I could play.
Sorry about the volleyball try outs.
That does stink. Why does the timing have to be so bad????

Verna said...

Em-
Forgot to tell you that I like the pink layout. The black was hard on these old eyes. Hope you are having a good time at school today and that the teachers aren't piling on the assignments.

Steffie B. said...

C'mon you know we had fun at the grocery store! LOL

aimeeg said...

Good luck with volleyball--keep us posted!