Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Our First Volleyball Game

Well, I know I just posted last week about volleyball tryouts bu I just wanted to share a bit of how our first game went last night. I was going to post yesterday but I didn't get home until 6:30 and still had to eat and do tons of homework. So anyway, we were all really nervous after finding out the Hamiliton girls had already been playing volleyball since 5th grade and have basicly had the same team when most of us haven't even really played before. But we turned out to do really well. Just to let all of you that don't know we play 3 games. The first and second ones go to 25 points and the last to 15. Of course, whoever wins 2 out of 3 will win the whole game. We do rally scoring so after every serve someone will get a point. So we were down at the beginning of the first game by quite a bit and it was my turn to serve. I was so nervous and shaking so hard. So I serve the first one, I made it over, and noone could get it since it was pretty hard. So I do it again, and again, and again.... until I made 9 points for our team and then we were ahead by 1. Then they called timeout to try to break my serving. I ended up scoring 2 or 3 points after that and then messed up but I was one of the top three servers and did pretty good my next time around. I was soo proud. Now we ended up loosing the first game that I played in but won the next two which I didn't play in since we have so many players on the team. We were all so happy and proud to win our first volleyball game and can't wait until tomorrow when we play Wayland. Hopefully I'll do as good as I did yesterday and won't be so nervous!

*Sorry if it seems i'm bragging about how well I did but you have to understand this is 7th grade volleyball. :) Most of the girls didn't even get 1 serve over and everyone was suprised by how well I was doing since it was our first game and I have never played before.
Well, I'll try to post something more interesting soon. Nothing much happended today just same-old-same old! Make sure you all tune in tomorrow for Wacky Wednesday to see what fun quiz I pick next. ;) Maybe I'll even do two, I haven't decided yet. Anyway, talk to ya'll later! HuGs! <3

13 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Great job Emmie, and everyone deserves a pat on the back now and then. It sounds like you did great for your first game.
I am sure with each game you will get better and better.Think of how great you will be by the time you get to be a freshmen.
I hope your mom and dad take some pictures to post during your next game.
Did little Sophia cheer you on?

Emmie said...

Of course, Sophia and Daniel were both there cheering me on. Sophia didn't quite understand why she couldn't come out and play with me though! :)

aimeeg said...

You are SO NOT bragging, girl! You deserve to be proud of that! That is so awesome!!! My niece started playing volleyball in seventh grade and ended up being captain of the team during junior and senior year. I will share your first game success with her:)

Beckyb said...

Great job - you should be proud!! Way to go!! Hope your next game is just as good, if not better!! Hey - could you send an autographed volleyball my way- I'll need it for when you are rich and famous!!!

Emmie said...

Thanks for all the complements! Lets just hope I don't completely loose my touch tomorrow! hehe

Nikki said...

Congratulations on your win!
Also, that is so awesome about your un-stoppable serves!!!
Way to go, girl!

Dannye said...

You deserve to brag, brag loud and proud girlie cuz we are so proud of you!!! and I am sure your mom was there yelling the loudest for you (next to Sophia and Daniel)!!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

great job emmie !!!! i love a player who can serve !!! keep us posted.. question are you a setter or a hitter?

Gwen Oatsvall said...

great job emmie !!!! i love a player who can serve !!! keep us posted.. question are you a setter or a hitter?

Emmie said...

Gwen, at the moment I am a hitter. But he is still moving everyone around and we are all trying new things to see where we're best at.

Sew Much Fun said...

I've not read any blogs in a few days, but wanted to let you know that I think your first volleyball game story was very inspirational. Thank you for sharing . . . it's okay to be proud of your accomplishments. For the most part I think you're pretty humble, so don't worry about sharing exciting news. How many games do you have on your schedule?

Emmie said...

Rhonda, We have games every Monday and Wednesday until like the middle of March.

Anonymous said...

yes you were pretty amazing on those serves lol
i couldnt get mine over...lol i did better yesterday
ok
well cya later
shelby